After installing many different stuff to get it working, I can now explain the steps in a much more short way than all the blog posts I found on the subject.
First of all, you need to know directly all the softwares you will install must be in 32bit version.
It is possible to install OpenNI and PrimeSense in x64 but as Unity is running in x86 you will only just be able to run native OpenNI examples… But that’s not what we want.
Here are the steps:
1. Download OpenNI, NITE and UnityWrapper
Take these files:
- OpenNI Binaries > Unstable > OpenNI Unstable Build for #yourplatform#
- OpenNI Compliant Middleware Binaries > Unstable > PrimeSense NITE Unstable Build for #yourplatform#
- OpenNI Compliant Middleware Binaries > Unstable > PrimeSense Unity Wrapper Unstable Build
2. Download PrimeSense Driver
- Clone a git repository at https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
- Goto /Bin/ folder and choose an installer for your platform
3. Install software order (Important)
- Install OpenNI
- Install PrimeSense Driver
- Install PrimeSense NITE
4. Unpack the OpenNI Unity Wrapper package in an empty Unity Project
Enjoy your development!